Are you ready to transform your panel discussions into engaging, insightful conversations that leave a lasting impact? Look no further. In Powerful Panels, Kristin Arnold, a nationally recognized speaker, master facilitator, and panel moderator with over 30 years of expertise, guides you through a comprehensive, step-by-step approach to elevate your panel moderation skills to the next level.
Powerful Panels equips you with a foolproof five-step method to master the art of moderating a lively and enlightening panel discussion like a pro, including:
The Definition of a Panel Discussion
- What a panel discussion is and what it is not.
The Panel Moderator’s Role
- Gain a profound understanding of the moderator’s role and responsibilities, ensuring you’re in control of the discussion’s direction.
Step 1: Clarify the Starting Conditions
- Chat with the meeting organizer to get a clear vision for the panel.
Step 2: Select, Invite, and Confirm Interesting Panelists
- Discover the secrets of selecting, inviting, and confirming captivating panelists who bring unique perspectives to the table.
Step 3: Prepare to Moderate
- Take a deep dive into the art of preparation. Uncover techniques to research the topic, panelists, and audience thoroughly. Craft a compelling welcome message, curate thought-provoking questions, choose the right audience interaction format, manage logistics seamlessly, create an engaging presentation, and promote your session effectively.
Step 4: Moderate the Panel
- Become a confident moderator with insider tips on handling critical moments just before the session begins, opening with impact, sparking vibrant conversations, facilitating audience Q&A, and intervening assertively yet respectfully when needed.
Step 5: Follow Up
- Discover how to follow up effectively once the session is over, ensuring that the insights and connections made during the discussion continue to flourish.
Kristin Arnold’s Powerful Panels is your secret weapon to elevate your panel discussions. Implement just a handful of these proven techniques and you’ll witness a remarkable transformation in your ability to moderate captivating panel discussions. Get your copy of Powerful Panels today!
AND get these BONUS Gifts with purchase:
- Planning Worksheet to use with the meeting organizer or planner to understand the starting conditions
- Moderator Index Card Template to remember the key opening comments, introductions, questions and closing comments.
- Countdown Checklist of the key activities you need to do to moderate a successful panel.
- Panelist Do’s & Don’ts Tip Sheet – A reminder to your panelists on what to do…and what not to do during the panel session.
- A PowerPoint Template to introduce the panelists’ credentials quickly – without eating up valuable discussion time.
- Logistics Checklist of the things you need to remember to ensure a conducive and positive environment.
- Tipsheet to Engage the Audience to involve the audience early and often with these ideas.
PDF/ePub Price: $7.99
About the Author
MBA, CSP, CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame, CPF | Master
Kristin Arnold MBA, CSP, CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame, CPF | Master, is passionate about making all panel discussions more engaging, interactive and collaborative. She has surveyed and studied what makes panel discussions absolutely fabulous – or not.
Since 1993, Kristin is the founder and President of Quality Process Consultants, a boutique consulting firm specializing in galvanizing leaders and their teams to think things through, make better collaborative decisions to achieve sustainable results.
She’s a high stakes meeting facilitator, trainer, keynote speaker and panel moderator, known for her concrete approaches and practical concepts, tools and techniques her clients can apply immediately to see positive, substantive results.
Kristin was one of the first female graduates of the United States Coast Guard Academy and the first woman stationed onboard the USCGC Buttonwood, a seagoing buoy tender.
She parlayed her understanding of teams and teamwork with an MBA in Marketing Strategy into a specialized management consulting firm focused on building extraordinary teams in the workplace.
She is an award-winning author and Past President of the US National Speakers Association. She divides her time between Scottsdale, Arizona and Prince Edward Island, Canada.